What is the Collection Registry?
The Collection Registry …
- serves as a catalog of collections which occurred within the scope of research projects or serves as a basis for them.
- links data, whose data models and the description of a collection for technical reuse by services such as search or analysis tools.
- also serves to manage collection descriptions. These can include, in addition to digitally accessible, analog, protected or offline collections.
What is the purpose of the Collection Registry?
- to describe distributed collections in one place and to process them together in other services (e.g. Generic search, Cosmotool).
- to make collections visible in the Collection Registry, which are otherwise difficult to find.
- to document own collections and make them demonstrable for other scientists.
- in order to be able to manage relevant collections in the sense of an internal catalog.
Who is the target group for the Collection Registry?
- Individual scientists
- Research projects
- Research associations
How to use the Collection Registry?
- A DARIAH account is required to use the Collection Registry.
- DARIAH-DE provides the Collection Registry as a central service. Local usage scenarios can also be implemented in cooperation with organizations.
To the service
Click here to go to the Collection Registry.
A detailed user guide offers further informations as well as best practice recommendations.